Friday, November 17, 2017

Thankful for You



Dear Parents,

Thank you so much for celebrating my birthday.  You all made me feel so special when I received a basket of some of my most favorite things!  You are so very generous, and I truly love being your children’s teacher.

​As I reflect back on what I'm most thankful for, one thing is certain.  I know I am truly blessed to be a part of such a loving and caring community. Thank you for sharing your children with me this year.  They really are a wonderfully loving and kind group of kids.

Mentor Poem:
Please be sure your child is ready to recite for memory their Mentor Poem Monday morning.  Each student will recite their poem to the class the Monday they return from the Thanksgiving holiday. They will then recite this same poem on Thursday for our Coffee House Poetry!

Buddy Books:
All fourth graders will need to bring appropriate books to read to their first grade reading buddy.  They will have to have their book on Friday, December 1st.

Units of Study:
Language Arts - Biography Report
Writing - Editing and revising
Spelling - none due to holiday
Math - Division (know those multiplication facts!)
Science - Changes to Earth's surface (weathering and erosion)

Upcoming Dates:
November 27th - Mentor Poem memorized
November 30th - PIcture Retakes (send in envelope)
December 1st - Coffee House Poetry at 9:45 in Room 116

Have a wonderful time with family this holiday weekend,

Kelly