Friday, November 16, 2018

A Time to be Thankful

Dear Parents,

Thank you all so very much for my birthday gift!!  It was so thoughtful to give me a few of my very favorite things!  The best part about loving salt and vinegar chips is that my husband hates them and won’t eat them!  I truly love being your children’s teacher, and appreciate you remembering my birthday.

As I reflect back on what I’m most thankful for, one this is certain.  I know I am truly blessed to be a part of such a loving and caring community.  Thank you for sharing your children with me this year. They really are a wonderfully loving and kind group of kids.

Mentor Poem
Please be sure your child is ready to recite from memory their Mentor Poem.  Each student will recite their poem to the class the Monday we return from the Thanksgiving holiday.  They will then recite this same poem on Thursday for our Coffee House Poetry!


UPCOMING DATES
November 29 - Coffee House Poetry at 9:30am in the science lab

UNITS OF STUDY
Reading - Biography
Writing - Biography research
Spelling - Week 9 homework due Thursday, test on Friday
Math - Long Division
Science - Changes to Land

Enjoy the week spending time with family and friends!

Kelly